Is Managed IT Service Right for Me?
The workplace environment has changed dramatically.
Complications brought on by COVID-19 paired with complex IT environments have caused many organizations to re-think how they manage technology. The average IT related business needs include: managing the on-site and remote staff environment, cloud computing, security protection and more! Though it may be overwhelming, finding the best way to manage your technology is crucial to success. As a result, many have turned to the, “Managed Service Provider” (MSP) or “Managed IT Service” model for IT support.
The Managed IT Service Model:
A managed service model provides all the tools of an enterprise level IT organization and a 24x7x365 response team for a fraction of the cost of one in house IT person. Essentially, you have immediate access to a team of IT engineers and technicians with all their resources for a small monthly cost. In addition to reactive resources, this team can proactively manage your environment. This model has gained traction among healthcare and industrial organizations for its enterprise level IT security and immediate response benefits. This model ensures that technology is working for you without IT issues compromising your goals. While each organization is unique, I wanted to provide you with a list of things to consider when determining if a Managed IT Service is right for you:
- Proactive Monitoring and Maintenance: Your IT staff should have tools to help monitor and maintain your current environment. These tools include active monitoring, security monitoring, backup monitoring, IT operating system patching, application patching, remote access tools for personal devices and enterprise IT gear. This is the best way to ensure that your IT systems are available as close to 100% of the time as possible.
- Help Desk: A knowledgeable helpdesk is the first line of defense for most IT support related issues. This team typically performs the proactive and reactive tasks and oversee the IT ticket system if present. Ticketing and reporting systems allow you to track issues, how quickly and efficiently they are being resolved and the overall health of your IT environment.
- Remote Control: Having an IT support staff that can assist users with various IT related issues both remotely and on-site is more important now than ever. As mobile and work-from-home models have become popular, the need for real-time remote IT assistance is a necessity. Having a “no-touch” IT team has proven beneficial in scenarios where pandemic issues have arisen.
- IT Leadership/Direction: You need a reliable and knowledgeable IT person that understands your environment, can assist with strategic planning and speak to both when and how to incorporate new technology. Since technology is constantly changing, the IT leader must stay up to date on security trends ensure your data is protected, maintain your environment and strategically plan for the future with your budget in mind.
A few other major things to consider are warranty coordination and asset tracking for your equipment, project management for necessary upgrades and access to level 3 IT specialist for proactive and reactive emergency needs. All of these items are necessary to consider when thinking about your next steps with an IT managed service provider.
We believe our Managed IT Service is the best.
We’re proud of our Managed IT Service model and believe you would be too! Our 20+ years of experience have taught us how to position the management services you need most at a fraction of the cost. Our certified technicians and engineers are committed to your organization’s success and available to you 24×7. Our award winning & certified data center is powerful enough to handle any of your organizational needs.
Our Managed IT Service (iTops) provides customers with unlimited proactive and reactive technical support that keeps your network running effectively, efficiently and helps you reach your business goals. In addition to the above services, we provide:
- 24x7x365 Unlimited Helpdesk Support
- 24x7x365 Unlimited Onsite Support
- Proactive Services
- Customer Portal with Ticketing
- Strategic Planning
As you determine the needs of your organization, the items listed above are some of the most important aspects of IT to consider. If any of these items seem intimidating or if you’d like a professional IT team to provide a free assessment of your environment, the certified engineers at Clear Winds Technologies are available to you. To obtain a free Managed IT Service proposal, just click the button at the bottom of the blog! If you’d like to hear from some of our satisfied customers, I’d be happy to connect you as well.
About the Author
Stan Sargent founded Clear Winds Technologies in 2001 to help companies with their IT solutions, especially IT managed services. He has expanded Clear Winds Technologies into a full suite of IT and cloud solutions including Enterprise services, cloud computing, colocation/hosting services, structured cabling and computer repair. You may reach out anytime if you have questions at email@example.com. Interested in joining our team? Consider applying for a career at Clear Winds through our Careers page!